Wednesday, March 20, 2002

Watty says:


First things first - Tiscali have woken up - the ftp service is back, and my little story has a permanent home of its own. Website link up there ↑ somewhere...



I have many things in my head at the moment, but I need to think about them a bit. But these are the positive things: I am getting fit - OK, it's only two classes, but the general fitness level seems to still be there, and I do feel better for it, I do.... Also, I am caffeine-free and feeling good about that, too - I sleep better, for one thing.

Also, I have had some positive things said about my story - I just wish I could get the Longwinded story going again - I don't think it's writer's block; I know what the next chapter will be; I just haven't been in the right frame of mind for it. In fact, I haven't really been in the right frame of mind for anything these past few days.


Which leads me to...

Depression Index:

Some people who know me will know about my depression - those who don't can find out about it on these pages: I intend to write something informative soon, and post it up. There are two schools of thought in my own mind here - I really don't want to hide it from anyone, and I think that discussing it - even in a one-sided forum such as this - can only be a good thing; but part of me acknowledges that this might be more than some people want to know. So I'll flag it up with the Index heading; and if you don't want to know about it, just don't read it.

So, I'm not going to do the history bit here; I'm just going to post the current status.

For the past few days, I have felt in a bit of a trough - more tired than usual, less enthusiastic and generally inert. This is not a good sign, but it's a stage I recognise and can control. I think I know what triggers these troughs, but I don't see any of those danger signals this time - it's a bit of a puzzle, really. Still, I am aware of it, and I'm trying to control it. Tomorrow will be interesting - I need to explain to the management team why the Data Protection Act is more than just a nuisance; and I need to give an update on the Help Desk. Have I done any preparation for it yet? See above, re: inert. Ah, well...

No comments: